4.29.2008

Tortellini Soup

The original source for this recipe is the Rachael Ray Get-Together Cookbook. This is a modification of her Tortellini en Brodo recipe. I’ve been making my version for a few years, and I modified the original recipe, using vegetable broth instead of chicken and cheese tortellini instead of chicken, to make it vegetarian for my mom and my friend Katie.

Here’s what you need:
1 sack of fresh pre-washed Spinach (we always get the family size bag because we like extra spinach)
2 boxes and 1 can of Vegetable broth (I like Pacific Foods brand low sodium vegetable broth)
1+ pound of fresh Tortellini (Cheese is always good, but sometimes we get Chicken herb and prosciutto tortellini)

Bring broth to a boil. Add tortellini and boil for 5-10 minutes. Tear spinach into pieces and stir into soup. Let spinach wilt a little, then serve with some crusty bread. If you really like cheese, you can top the soup with some shredded parmesan cheese.

No comments: