9.04.2008

Veggie Burgers and Pasta Salad


I've been doing veggie burgers for lunches lately. I take a Morningstar Garden Burger, toss it in the microwave for a min or so, and its good to go. I put it on a whole wheat bun with some sprouts and sliced tomato, along with a slice of swiss cheese. I also add a bit of Miracle Whip/ Low-fat Mayo because I like to pretend I'm in Canada. This is a very tasty lunch, and I believe its relatively healthy. More healthy than eating dead cow.

I have also made up a pasta salad to have on hand to go on the side of my burger. I got the recipe out of the Skinny Bitch cookbook, which means its vegan, and its mighty tasty. First, you boil some pasta, drain it, and let it cool. I used fancy veggie pasta I bought at the Farmers Market. Then, you make a sauce out of the oil from oil packed artichoke hearts and oil packed sundried tomatoes, along with a squirt or lemon juice and some dried basil. Mix a small jar of marinated sun dried tomatoes, a small jar or marinated artichoke hearts, the pasta, and the sauce together. I added some chopped black olives to this pasta salad, because everything is better with black olives. This salad is yummy and healthy and doesn't use mayo, so you could take it to a picnic and not worry about it going bad.

No comments: