2.14.2010

Turkey Cranberry Meatloaf


Bob loves meatloaf. (Come to think of it, Bob loves a lot of things...) 
My hard working husband put in a 12hr day last week. Class in the morning, 8 hrs of work, and no time to come home for lunch. All why I sat around the house watching soap operas.

To cheer him up, I surprised him with a Turkey Cranberry Meatloaf and some Rosemary Potato wedges.

Preheat the oven to 400.

Mix the meatloaf. Take 1lb of ground turkey and put it in a bowl. Add some mustard, poultry seasoning, an egg, and breadcrumbs. I have been making my own gluten-free bread crumbs by saving the crumbs from the bottom of the cereal, corn chips, and cracker packages. Saves me money and saves my tummy. I then mixed in a spoonful of prepared cranberry sauce. I bought some in a jar a while ago that we keep in the fridge, and it is a great topping on turkey burgers. Mix everything well.


Form. I don't use a bread loaf pan for my meatloaf, I just free form a loaf on a cookie sheet, then spray it over with some olive oil.





Bake. At 400 for about 35mins. use a meet thermometer to test the internal temp. You want it to be 165.
About 10mins into the baking, I tossed some prepared potato wedges onto the cookies sheet. I like the Alexia Foods brand. (http://www.alexiafoods.com/)

This was really good. We ate it all, there were no leftovers.

No comments: