9.22.2010

Tuna Melt

Sometimes life gets ya down. When that happens to me - I like to have good old fashion diner food - at home. I like a tuna melt and sweet potato fries.


I make my tuna melts untraditionally. First step, pull some gluten free bread from the freezer and pop it in the toaster. While its toasting, I mix my tuna. I mix 1 can of tuna with lots of tarragon, dill, basil, and garlic. I add sliced green olives or capers to give the mixture the moisture. and thats it. I don't like to add mayo to tuna salad when I'm making a tuna melt because it can get soggy.

I pile my tuna mixture onto each slice of the pre-toasted GF bread. Then, I top each slice with a piece of cheese. Throw it under the broiler for a few mins to melt the cheese.

I serve my tuna melts open faced. Thats how they serve them at one of our favorite restaurants, Bull & Bush. They serve theirs on an english muffin, which is what I used to use at home prior to going GF.

No comments: