8.09.2009

I am a lazy blogger.....but enjoy this curry recipe :)

I know. I havent posted anything in awhile. And I know I type this in every other post, but I've been busy and I'm sorry. To make excuses: I had to plan a wedding, be in that wedding, be a wife, and a bunch of other things that go along with that.

On the brightside - I have a new work schedule. My sister-in-law and mother-in-law agree that my new schedule sucks....which it kinda does...but finding the lemonade in the whole thing, I am now home for dinner 6 nights a week! OMG!

Inspiration has also come to me from a few places. 1) being home 4 days a week has given me lots of time to watch the Food Network. Most of the time, I watch it while folding laundry or cooking or cleaning or other domestic housewife projects. I also like having it on in the background because it seems to calm our dogs. 2) B (I call Bob "B" because Bob is sometimes just too long to write out...jk) and I joined a CSA, which stands for Community Suported Agruculture. Each week B goes to a neighbors house and pick up a box of fresh from the farm, organic veggies, a bag of fruit straight from the orchard, and a half dozen eggs. We never know what were going to get or how to use what we get........more about that in future posts.

But here, as promised, a curry salad recipe.

Take some mayo and mix in a decent amount of curry powder, celery salt, and some fresh ground pepper. Mix it all together well to make a dressing. Then, add some dried cranberries, some chopped celery, and some chopped almonds. This is your salad base and since it has mayo in it it needs to be kept cold. Serve this on a bed of lettuce, mixed with veggies, or mixed with a cold meat. B and I grilled up some chicken sausage, sliced it and stirred it into the curry mixture. Its good.

No comments: