8.09.2009

Jalapeno Poppers (but better)

This past week B made me some of his famous Fish Tacos (see April 2008) We went to the store to stock up on supplies, and this recipe calls for 3 jalapenos - but Sunflower Market only sells Jalapenos in packages of 10.....whatever. So with the leftovers I made poppers.

Cut the jalapenos in half, and de-seed them. In our house this is a job for Bob because my delicate skin cant take the heat and I sometimes end up with a seed in my eye.....moving on.....

Mix together some herb flavored goat cheese (or any kind of soft cheese) with some blackberry Habanero jam (see October 2008) If you would like to cut down on the heat you can substitute regular fruit jam for pepper infused jam.

Fill the jalapeno halves with the cheese/jam mixture, then top with parmasean cheese. Bake @ 400 for 15 mins, then let cool for 5mins.

Enjoy.....perhaps with a glass of milk.

No comments: